[This policy is currently a DRAFT pending approval in our Policies and Procedures document at an upcoming general meeting. If you have any feedback, please direct it to any member of the executive. Thanks!]
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our members’ personal information and to complying with the British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act, S.B.C. 2003, and c. 63 (PIPA).
- Any information you give to an officer or representative of your Union will be held with extreme care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you choose to email us and provide personally identifiable information about yourself, we will not use the information for any purpose other than to respond to your inquiry.
- The University is required to provide your Union with your contact information. We use this to build the email listserv and phone trees. We will contact you by e-mail about union business and other information as outlined in Section C of our Policies and Procedures. We honour all unsubscribe requests, whether automatically or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease any personal information collected by the local.
- Our web site logs are not personally identifiable and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals that actually browse the site.
- Where possible all information is stored locally or on Canadian-based servers. Due to the nature of the web, this is not always possible and some information may be directed through or stored on American servers subject to the USA PATRIOT Act (for example any survey completed through Survey Monkey)
- On our web site and social media accounts you will find links to third party web sites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies or content on third party sites.