Your health and safety committee would like to remind you that in the event of heavy snow or icy conditions, please remember the following:
- Check the UVic website weather advisory section on https://www.uvic.ca/
- Victoria Transit information can be found at the following:
- Note the clearing of snow on the following UVic maps under https://www.uvic.ca/facilities/assets/docs/maps/SNOW-CLEARING-BUILDINGS-PATHWAYS.pdf
- Remember to stay on main routes and stay visible.
- If you are on campus after hours, please use the campus alone program to let people know you are around. This program is available free of charge 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Individuals while working/studying alone may telephone Campus Security Services at 250-721-6683 and provide the following information:
- Your name, an exact location and phone number in the building if you will be working in an office.
- An estimated time of departure. If this changes, you must advise Campus Security.
- Your mode of travel and, if applicable, a vehicle description and location where you’ve parked your vehicle.
- Call Campus Security at 250-721-6683 just prior to your departure.
Stay safe and warm!
- Upcoming CUPE 951 Executive Elections
- CUPE mourns the loss of Paul Dewar