Union Education is the backbone of a strong union. CUPE 951 regularly hosts and offers courses on campus but also sends members to courses and workshops around BC.
Here’s some of what is out there for union activists — let the executive know what you are looking for so the committee can plan for future offerings and opportunities:
- CUPE BC Education resources
- CUPE National education pages
- Canadian Labour Congress educational resources
- Lancaster House workshops and conferences (advanced labour, arbitration, and human rights issues)
- BC Federation of Labour (health & safety)
While the above pages offer an overview of what is available, there are other options that can be suggested to the committee. Note that a request or suggestion does not guarantee that a attendance of a course or workshop will be approved.