“National Aboriginal Day is time to celebrate the vibrant and unique cultures of Indigenous peoples, as First Nations, Métis and Inuit communities graciously share their ceremonies, customs and heritage with us all.
It is also a time for us to recommit ourselves to promoting truth and reconciliation”
Some of the ways we can participate:
- Read the TRC Final Report and consider how you can support its calls to action.
- Invite a speaker to your next meeting to talk about truth and reconciliation.
- Ask for CUPE’s Indigenous Awareness workshop and our human rights course.
- Make employment equity a bargaining priority. Ensure a workplace that welcomes Indigenous workers by bargaining collective agreement language that responds to their needs.
- Acknowledge Indigenous territory at all of your meetings, and reach out and forge partnerships with local Indigenous communities and organizations.
- Sponsor and promote Indigenous events and advocacy.
- Please RSVP to the CUPE 951 BBQ!
- Special General Meeting August 1st!