I have copied below the information directly from the University of Victoria website, https://www.uvic.ca/news/topics/notices/2021+notice-campus-closure-heat-advisory+notice.
The University of Victoria will be closed Monday, June 28 due to extreme temperatures.
People will not be required to work on campus or remotely except in limited situations and to maintain services necessary for the continued operation and safety of campus. Cancellations include online classes.
The Student Wellness Centre will be available for limited access to clinical health services only. Please call in advance to confirm availability and appointment times.
Continue to check uvic.ca for updates. Temperatures are expected to drop for Tuesday which would allow campus operations to resume.
Stay safe during extreme heat
An exceptionally strong ridge of high pressure over British Columbia has resulted in record breaking temperatures with temperatures expected to reach more than 40° C in some areas. To avoid heat-related illnesses please:
- Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty.
- Stay in a cool place and use a fan to keep the air moving.
- Eat smaller but more frequent meals or snacks during the day.
- Wear light clothing (e.g. cotton) that allows sweat to evaporate.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity and caffeine drinks.
- Vary your work/rest schedule. Take breaks as needed to keep cool and hydrated.
- Outdoor workers, take regularly scheduled breaks in a cool place.